Saturday, March 6, 2010

Sunday Sermon with Dillinger Flakewaiter

The tides of March, slight shifting, slipping into spring. I wonder if these feelings from our Lord God are meant for modern man. Ever thought about that, my children? No, most of you have never considered the sands that slip by you as you travail this most troubled of times, have you? I suppose the Lord originally had a desire for us to be able to stop, rest a spell, read between the lines of life. I ask you, my children, to consider that life slips. An unknown beast it is that far too soon passes into the pages of history. Not the great history of past glorious jaunts into fame and glory, but, the small personal history of us, the small ones who are great in the eyes of God. Yes, each and every one of us is great to the eternal spirit of creation, as the mother's child, unsuckled, lusts for the tit.

Reach out to the cracks in the presence of your lives. Hold on to the glory of the inbetween. Times when you do not sit and think on Him are, my sweet children, as paths that lead to darkness in the spirit, but also to the glorious light of the Heavenly Host our Lord, His son, Jesus bloody Christ on the cross. Stop yourselves as you reach into the heart of the beast which lives within you. STOP! It is much more simple than you can possibly imagine. STOP! Listen to the still small voice of your soul, reach out, touch a child, bless him with your soft consideration. Whether or not the child is young or ancient, he is a child as we all are in the eyes of God.

I ask of you all this simple exercise in love. Do not consider, nor rationalize. Allow yourselves to be taken up with the spirit of love.

"Damn!" I hear your voices scream. Do not harken unto yourselves. Take just one minute, no more, to stop. Do not as I say, for this one minute, consider, think. You will be, for that one minute, as the good Father intended his children to be. Just for one minute I wish for His flock to stop, still, quiet, non consideration. Take the challenge, my children. Trust your lover Dillinger, the son of the Father, the child of the Mother, as you are, the embryo for peace. All of us, just one small minute of time for God, for your pastor, and for yourselves.

I love you all-practice for the Lord-Amen and Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment